If you need a professional criminal defense attorney to help you get out from under a DUI charge, Attorney Michael C. Tillotson is available to talk to you, or fill out the form to the right for a free, no-obligation consultation about your case. You need professional advice today so that you do not face the loss of your driver's license or a range of other penalties guaranteed to negatively impact your life:
• Fines can range over $1,000, depending on your circumstances. That is in addition to jail time, probation, and a range of other penalty possibilities.
• Jail sentences can range from one day to one year, depending on your blood-alcohol content, whether you have prior DUIs, and other criteria.
• If this is your third DUI, the courts have free discretion on setting your fine and jail time.
• Getting insurance with a DUI is at best expensive, and it is possible that you will be refused insurance. An example has been found of a driver being charged $5,000 annually for insurance.
• You could permanently lose your vehicle.
Other penalties for a first time DUI conviction include probation, community service, meetings with a probation officer, and losing your license for at least six months. These are huge inconveniences in everyday life. A professional, experience DUI attorney can guide you through this complex process and ensure that your rights are protected.
Was there an accident with injuries or death for which you are responsible? Were you transporting a minor? Was your BAC over .15 percent? If so, your case is much more complex than a standard DUI. Don't take any chances that your attorney will let something slip past that will impact you for years: hire an attorney experienced in DUI law in Matthews County.
Michael Tillotson is an experienced, professional criminal defense attorney. He has years of experience assisting Matthews County residents and those arrested in that county in protecting their rights.